Victims of personal injuries often ask many questions. Are you injured in an accident, or have a loved one suffering from a personal injury? Do you have personal injury questions you want experts to answer with facts? Personal injury lawyers at Zappitell Law Firm, LLC in Delray Beach have got your back! We’ve provided answers to some of the FAQs regarding personal injury defense. Read on!
6 Personal Injury Questions And Satisfying Answers
- When Does A Personal Injury Case Start? It begins when you file a complaint and summons in the appropriate court. The court clerk receives the filing and hands you copies to serve the defendant.
- What Should I Do After A Personal Injury? Take photos of the scene and injuries. Visit a doctor, and if you have, follow the care plan and respect each follow-up appointment. Explain what happened and list down witnesses and their contact details. Stick to any additional instructions from a reputable attorney.
- Will Every Personal Injury Case Lead To Trail? No! Most of the personal injury cases wouldn’t go to trial. They are resolved by settlement even before the trial date. It will go to trial if the facts are in dispute. The strength of evidence and how your case is built can lead to an appropriate settlement.
- What Is The Worth Of Personal Injury Case? The value of a claim cannot be precisely known. But there is room for an approximate value. Generally, the worth of a claim includes economic damages like medical treatment, physical therapy, lost wages, and more.
- What If I Am Partly At Fault? You will still be able to recover some compensation if you hire a skilled personal injury lawyer. As long as you aren’t more to blame, you can still get a proportional share of the value you’d have gotten if you had no fault.
- How Long Does A Settlement Take? Short cases resolve within weeks and with no formal litigation. During this time, an attorney might have to work with an insurance company or the other party. Nevertheless, some can take years.
How Long Does A Person Have To File A PI (Personal Injury) Claim?
Generally, victims of personal injury have two years from the event’s date to file a lawsuit. This lawsuit centers on the negligence of another person. Meanwhile, the time limitation for this filing varies, but its exact time frame depends on the type of the claim.
How Much Do I Need To Start A Personal Injury Case?
For personal injury cases, attorney fees are paid on a contingency basis. That is, a victim can pay the attorney at the end of the case. The payment also centers on what was obtained from the final settlement. With a reputable attorney, do not worry about the financial implications. They will defend you well and ensure you get an appropriate settlement, and from the payment, you can pay them for their legal services.
Do you have more personal injury questions to ask? Contact us today at Zappitell Law Firm, LLC in Delray Beach. We are home to experienced and trained attorneys who offer personal injury consultation in Delray Beach. We have decades of experience fighting and defending victims of personal injury. We will get your settlement speedily and trouble-free! Call us today for a free consultation!