As a loving parent, your child’s safety should be one of your top concerns. While it is true that you can’t child-proof your home perfectly, it is possible to limit the risks your child is prone to. Since injury risks continue to rise, in this article, we have explained some of the risks you must be aware of so you can make a few changes to your apartment and invest in some kids safety items for the well-being of your kids. If you live in Delray Beach and your child is badly wounded, our child injury lawyer at Zappitell Law Firm, LLC will help you consider your legal options.
Six Injury Risks For Children
- Drowning- Drowning is currently one of the leading causes of death for children. Baths, rivers, swimming pools, streams, and creeks are locations where your infants and toddlers could drown.
- Falls- The seriousness of a fall injury depends on the surface the child falls on, the height, and what the child hits.
- Burns- According to law, all buildings should have a working smoke detector installed. Your toddler is likely to crawl toward flames, fires, and hot liquids and surfaces.
- Poisoning- Young children love to experiment. Often, they put every object in their mouth.
- Choking- This is caused by swallowing objects. As with medicine, children might put small objects in their mouth that they could potentially choke on.
- Blinds And Curtain- Looped cords from long curtains that are within your child’s reach near furniture or at floor level can injure your child.
How To Prevent Your Child From Injury
- Actively Supervise- Supervision is one of the primary ways to ensure that your kids are safe. Ensure that your kids are always within your arm’s reach at all times. Never leave them alone in any place. Drowning, for example, happens so quickly and quietly.
- Remove Potentially Hazardous Objects– In addition to being an active supervisor, always create a clear and safe space for your kids by clearing the area of all objects. Poisonous items, choking objects, and tripping items should be cleared and out of their reach.
- Stay Alert- As your kids grow and learn to do some things, you will need to be prepared for new hazards. Always change your surrounding so that your home continues to be safe for them. In addition, invest in some kids safety gadgets to creatively educate them on what safety is.
Preparing For Unexpected Hazards
One of the kids safety techniques is advanced preparation. Even with your best efforts, you can’t completely safeguard your kids. But of course, you can limit the impact and frequency. Therefore, obtain adequate training in child first aid. Also, once a year, do a cardiopulmonary resuscitation refresher course. And finally, have at hand emergency numbers in the event of severe injury.
Was your child recently involved in one of the injury risks discussed? What are legal options available for you? Zappitell Law Firm, LLC in Delray Beach, FL, will carefully and thoroughly examine your legal options. We are always ready to fight for you. Contact us today!